Monday, January 17, 2011

I Love My Nana

Shock is all I can describe right now for the way I am feeling. Only a few hours ago we found out that my Nana has been diagnosed with Cancer. This came out of NOWHERE as she has always been super healthy. She hasn't had any health problems throughout her whole life. Even two weeks ago we wouldn't have guessed anything. Now today she is going to start her battle against cancer. Unfortunately right now it is way to early to really tell exactly what the status is of her cancer. What we do know is that she has secondary cancer in her lungs but they are unsure of where the primary cancer is.

Tomorrow she is going to be transferred to VGH to see a respiratory specialist and then at that time will also be assigned an oncologist to treat her cancer. We will know more when she is transferred to VGH and they do another CT scan and have the specialist looking after her.

One of the hardest things that is going on with all of this is that my Papa has alzheimer's really bad and it has gotten worse in the last two weeks. He doesn't understand where my nana is and even when we tell her she is in the hospital he just says "let her stay there and rest" and then that's it he moves on to something else.

A positive thing I take out of all of this is how strong my Nana is and how rooted in the Lord she is. Her attitude is amazing and I truly wish that I could be there if I was going through what she is going through. She goes forward with her head up high and saying that "God is in control, my life is in His hands." She is at peace with what is going on but willing to fight for her life until God takes her away to Heaven if that is His will. I love her and want her to see all her grandchildren married as well as see at least one great grandchild.

I am really struggling with giving this to God and believe that He does have His hand in everything. It all seems so overwhelming and I am not sure how to cope or how to act. It's a struggle and I know that I need to be positive just like my Nana and know that if she goes to Heaven one day I will see her there.

I love her so much and want to see her overcome this. I want to be there with her throughout this so that she knows her family loves her and is praying every day for her.


Nana giving us a little speech and a prayer at our wedding 

No comments:

Post a Comment