Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 To Do List

My New Years Eve this year was such an exciting one...NOT!!! I had just finished getting over the flu and has just gotten a nasty nasty cold. Sooo I opted for hanging out on the couch and watching movies with my puppy as my husband went to a party and promised to be home by at least 12:30 (which he was). I was fast in bed at 10:30pm since I wasn't feeling well so I didn't ring in the New Year and definitly didn't make any New Years Resolutions for 2011.

Instead of making resolutions I have been thinking more about things I would like to try or learn and things I want to get better at. I didn't want to make resolutions like lose 10lbs before March or exercise every single day or run a marathon in 3 weeks. I decided that making unrealistic resolutions is setting me up for failure and ultimately huge disappointment. Instead I put together the list below that is a list of things I want to accomplish over the entire year. Hopefully I can share all my new experiences I have and the struggles of trying to accomplish everything on this list in a year.

                                         * Read Bible & Journal at least once a day
                                         * Pray at least once a day
                                         * Tell my husband I love him every day (even if I dont feel like it)
                                         * Help out in children's ministry at Church
                                         * Read more books (instead of watching TV)
                                         * Bake something once a month (at least)
                                         * Cook new recipes & be more creative in the kitchen
                                         * Buy a sewing machine & learn how to sew
                                         * Be more creative & crafty
                                         * Learn how to be more frugal
                                         * Make a coffee table book of wedding photos
                                         * Copy all photo's on to CD's
                                         * Learn how to play the piano
                                         * Work towards finishing my associates certificate in business
                                         * Go bungee jumping & skydiving
                                         * Play in a sports league of somesort (dodgeball perhaps)


"On a personal level, Goal setting is a process that allows people to specify then work towards their own objectives. Goal setting is a major component of Personal Development."


No comments:

Post a Comment