The dictionary defines Delve as:
(A) To make a careful or detailed search for information
(B) To examine a subject in detail
For me it was a great time to relax, worship and reflect on the last month and just what a whirlwind month it was for me. I need to be filled with more faith and spend more time looking for my advice and information in the Bible and examine subjects from the Bible in detail.
Recently I have been thinking back to when I was in High School and how easy life was. I didn't have to work, I lived at home, all I had to do is go to school for 8hrs and hang out with my friends and play lots of sports. I attended a Christian school and was surrounded by likeminded people every day. The teachers were supportive and willing to pray with you at any given moment. At the time the forced chapel time once a week was painful for me as I thought it was a waste of time. Now I wish I could have a chapel time once a week where you worship, pray and just focus on God.
Along with going to a Christian school I was also raised in a Christian home which made it obvious that I would be a Christian. When I was at home everything revolved around Jesus. Once I graduated I started to work in the real world and realized that keeping up my Christian faith was very difficult. I have kept up with going to Church but once I lost my job over a year ago and started working a new job that had weird hours I stopped going to church for almost an entire year. It definitely has set me back in just my feelings towards faith and what I believe. I have been questing a lot and have fallen far far away from God.
So many things have gone on in my life in the last year that I have realized that the only way for me to be who I was when I was younger is to get closer to God and work on my Christian Faith. I am now ready and willing to put the work in because it is important in every aspect of my life especially in my marriage since Ben and I were brought together in the Church.
No comments:
Post a Comment