Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Year Flown By.....

Why hello it's me Vanessa and yes I am blogging again! I can't believe I completely neglected my blog for almost 6 months. Unfortunately Ben and I were so busy over the summer and then in August our house was broken in to and both our computers were stolen. We have been without computers and our Tv since then. It has been a good break from technology but can make things a little complicated at times. We finally settled with our insurance company so our first purchase was getting our computers back! Now that we have it all up and running I can start to blog again.

This past year has had many ups and downs, a lot of tears and a lot of laughter. For the last year I wanted to really change a lot of things in my life. It has been an interesting change and A LOT of learning. I have has some amazing married women in my life to teach me things and answer questions, through those amazing relationships and really changing things in my life I have been SO MUCH happier. Biggest thing I learned is that when I focus on my relationship with God over everything else then life seems to fall in to place. Of course there are still hardships, tears and sorrow but with the hope that I have in God and remember what I had been studying just makes it all a lot easier. My marriage has been amazing and I have been focusing on how to really serve Ben as his wife.  With those two big things in my life to focus on we have been really busy, the last year we have been working on our house (basement suite almost done), we've taken a lot of little vacations to our families cabins, we have our puppy dog Nixon and our last big thing of the year was going on a missions trip to India with Westside Church (will have a blog about that shortly).

Of course it hasn't all been easy also in the last year we have seen my Nana & Ben's aunt fight cancer, my papas Alzheimer's has been progressing each and every day, Ben's work went on strike for 6 weeks over the summer, Ben's dads memory has been deteriorating and they aren't sure why, our house was broken in to, we are still working on our renovation in the basement and many other things. But through it all it's been a great year.

I am excited for what 2012 has to bring, I know that everything that is thrown at me I can handle.

  


2 comments:

  1. Vanessa, thanks for posting this. I found it encouraging as I read through your reflections on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! It's been a learning year for sure but never been happier!

    ReplyDelete