Sunday, May 22, 2011

Naturopath Diet is a KILLER

After being told I am going to be waiting 6 weeks to see a specialists for my bowels I decided to take matters in to my own hands and see a Naturopath. I was hoping to get some advice that might help the pain to subside. The Naturopath was super helpful but she put me on a killer diet. It's suppose to cleanse my body of everything and allow all the swelling in my bowels to go down. After 6 weeks I will slowly be able to re-introduce items back in to my diet. Also I have had my blood tested for allergies. Once that comes back I will have a better idea of what I can maybe re-introduce back in to my diet earlier.

The items that I have to completely cut out for right now are:

- Wheat
- Eggs
- Dairy
- Nuts
- Corn
- Soy
- Citrus
- Tomatoes

This weekend has been extremely difficult trying to figure out what to eat and what I can't eat. I decided to go to Whole Foods today to see if I could find some healthy snacks and alternatives that don't have any of the above items. I ended up wandering around for an hour and got extremely frustrated in the end. I couldn't find anything. So I came to the conclussion that I should just head to Chapters and buy an allergen free cook book as well as an allergen free Bakers Handbook. Along with healthy and hopefully satisify meals I hope to be able to make some delicious cookies and muffins. It's going to be interesting because of course I don't know anyone who has made any of these recipes. It's going to be hit and miss but I hope to keep the blog updated with all the recipes I try.

Here are some foods that I have been forcing myself to like so far....



Gluten Free Bread
Peppermint Tea

Chicken Broth with Veggies & Rice Cakes
Rice Milk

1 comment:

  1. Hey .. that sucks that you totally have to cut all of that out.. Hopefully it helps you to feel better :) Maybe try looking for some blogs. I love being able to see tutorials and pics of what other people are cooking. I can almost promise that you will find some good blogs out there that wouldhelp your probably better than any other cookbook would. Good luck

    ReplyDelete