Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Fun Weekend Cut Short.....

Had a great weekend away (up until Saturday evening....)
Went off to Whistler for my soon to be sister in laws stagette. We drove up on Friday night, got to the townhouse we were renting and headed out for a quick dinner in the village.
The townhouse was such a great idea. It was nice and homey which is good when you are away for an entire weekend from your hubby :(  The townhouse had a full pool and hot tub, slept 8 people and was only a 5 minute walk away from Whistler Village. It was AWESOME!!!!!
The plan for the whole weekend was pretty chill. Mostly planned hanging around, relaxing and just having a fun girls weekend away. On Saturday four of us went snowmobiling which was incredible. I am so happy that we got to do that, originally booked for an ATV tour but since there is still to much snow they took us snowmobiling (on a private tour) for the same price as an ATV tour. We went for 2.5 hrs on the snowmobiles and then had lunch at a lovely little hut. We headed back to our townhouse afterwards, I did a little shopping in the village.
We then dressed Robin up in her lovely outfit and headed out for dinner at Ric's Grill. It was really really awesome food and the night was just lovely. Unfortunately I have been having some problems with my abdomen for the last 3 weeks and right after dinner had severe pain in my abdomen. This happened last week and I could barely move. But this time it was MUCH worse. I could hardly move and when we got back to the townhouse I was in fetal position. I contemplated heading to the Whistler Emerg but knew all I would get there would be pain meds and then I would have to head home in the morning and deal with whatever was going on.
After waiting 30 mins (hoping the pain would subside after a few advils and maybe some pepto) it didnt go away so made the decision to drive home. Glad my sister in law Jenah was willing to drive me down to the emerg at Lions Gate. I was admitted at around 1am. I didnt get out the hospital till 5am. It was a LONG morning. Unfortunately left with pain but not as bad (since I had to drive myself home). Soooo I am waiting to head to my doctor on Tuesday after all the tests the hospital ran they will be ready for him to review. Then I will be headed to a specialists.
A lot of things are running through my mind at this point. The abdomen pain is horrible when it happens and I can't bare it. But I am hoping there is nothing that is seriously wrong with my bowels. Fingers crossed it's all good. So the weekend turned out to be a lot of fun but ended kind of horribly. Now I am just sitting back and waiting for some answers.



No comments:

Post a Comment