I had a great time in Montreal even though it was an extremely quick trip. I flew out of Calgary on another lovely 7am flight on Tuesday morning! Which meant I was up at 4:30am so I could be out of my hotel and in my car by 5pm. I was at the airport by 5:30am and the flight left on time! I arrived in Montreal (local time) at noon. I got my rental car and tryed to figure out how to work my GPS. It didn't seem to recognize the address I had for my hotel as well as where I was going to be working for the week. After about an hour of trying to figure it out the Avis guys finally helped me, turned out that I needed the french version of my address. Who would of thought?!?!!
I went and rented a space for working in for the week and then went to my hotel and checked in. I was really lucky and got a great friends and family deal through my brother in law to stay at the Fairmont in downtown Montreal. It was AMAZING!!! I went and wandered around downtown Montreal for the rest of the evening and went out for an awesome dinner. Food in Montreal is great. The only thing that throws me off is that everyone speaks in French.
I worked for the remainder of the week, doing exactly what I did when I was in Calgary, fixing a job that had a problem. This was the first time my dad has given me this much responsibility, I am really happy that I got to take the reigns and show him that I am able to be responsible. It took two full days of work in order to finish everything, glad it didnt take any longer because it was really long day.
While working during the week I got a little time in the evenings to wander around Montreal. On Wednesday night my Dad bought me a hockey ticket to see the Montreal Canadiens play the Detroit Red Wings. It was really great to see how crazy the fans get there. Montreal won 7-2!! The last day I was in Montreal was Friday so I had the day to just wander around. Unfortunately the week hadn't rained and it wasn't super cold but of course the last day I had there it was pouring with rain and was really really cold so the sidewalks were covered in ice. I still went out and enjoyed a bit of Montrael but I really don't like the cold and I also hate being soaking wet and it was a combo of both! I saw Old Montreal which was nice cobblestone streets and really old buildings. I went in to the Notre-Dame Basilica it was really gorgeous. After being soaking wet and ready to head home I had lunch at a little cafe, tryed a Montreal smoked meat sandwich and then headed to the airport. It was a long flight and being delayed 2 hours made me get in at 12:30am on Saturday. I was happy to see Ben when he finally arrived at the airport at 1:30am (he fell asleep and forgot to get me). It was a good trip overall but I'm happy to sleep in my own bed and enjoy my own house!!!
 |
| Montreal Canadiens game |
 |
| Notre-Dame Basilica |
 |
| Inside the Notre-Dame Basilica, it's GORGEOUS |
 |
| Soaking wet and cold in Old Montreal |
No comments:
Post a Comment